Eta Sigma Gamma (ESG), the national honorary for health education, was established on the campus of Ball State University in 1967. ESG has a rich history of serving students and the profession through teaching, service, and research and has grown to include over eighty chapters throughout the United States.
The Alpha Nu Chapter at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro was recognized May 1, 1978. The primary purpose of ESG is to further the professional competence and dedication of individual members of the health education profession. ESG also promotes discipline by elevating the standards, ideals, competence and ethics of professionally prepared men and women in Health Education.
For information please contact: email@example.com.
• Opportunities to meet students, faculty, and other health education professionals through chapter socials, community service, education, and research activities.
• Develop a network for potential future employment.
• National and local recognition for a membership in a professional health education honorary.
• Opportunity to further professional development in the health education profession, and publish materials in The Health Educator, a quarterly publication of ESG.
• Satisfaction in participating in activities that help the UNCG and Greensboro community.
• Honored at graduation with official cords.
• Participate in national meetings at the American School Health Association Convention, and through Chapter sponsored activities.